quinta-feira, 20 de agosto de 2020

Version 2.108

 I must be one of the most stubborn people on the face of the earth. I know it's not a very appreciated quality, but I just cannot help it, which is to say that I think my faults are the best thing about me--it's not arrogance, it is the truth. Anyway, I bought those darn Portuguese books again. This time I went with the Wook store, so we'll see how that goes. I think that if I had stayed in Portugal, I would have found a way of becoming a dictator because I am that obsessive. I would hope the Portuguese people would resist my authority, although they'd probably resist it because I'm a woman; men don't seem to have any problems getting away with authoritarian behavior.

This week my espresso machine broke, which was most unfortunate or maybe not. I had thought about replacing it a few months ago, but I figured it was bound to break. Nevertheless, my prior research leads me to a Breville with a burr mill included. The $700 model should be fine, but I read some reviews and not all was positive. So today I bought a dress instead, which cost almost half of the budget of the espresso machine. Perhaps I should just stick with tea and the occasional French press.

The S&P reached all time highs today. I confess that I was not expecting for such a quick rebound from the crash, but I suppose the fact that the U.S. has a crazy President kind of convinced the other branches of government and the Federal Reserve that acting swiftly was of the essence. The problem, of course, is that we will unlikely return to the way things were, so Main St. is bound to get pissed that it was left behind once again. They were upset last time and Wall St. took forever to recover.    

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.