domingo, 13 de dezembro de 2020

Version 2.223

It has dawned on me that I still do not personally know anyone in the U.S. who has had Covid-19. I know people in other countries who have had it. I don't think Americans advertise that they have it, but also many of my friends are super-paranoid about it; some of them are surprised that I go to the dentist, others that I go to the grocery store. You cannot eliminate all risk entirely, so the best course of action is to be thoughtful about the risks that you take and the precautions that can mitigate said risks. It's a bit like cooking, but I am actively trying not to get it.

Big crowds supporting President Trump have gathered in parts of the country and some isolated violence has ensued, with some people stabbed and one shote. Of course, many of the people who attended these demonstrations do not wear masks, so come Christmas day, they'll be ready to infect others.

This morning's "It's been a minute" had a really cool segment on an article that E. Alex Jung wrote for New York Magazine about all the cultural developments that have happened because of the pandemic. Art became all about the absurdity of our times, much in the same way that after World War I and the 1918 pandemic artists developed Dada. The current art movement has no authorship, it develops organically in the Internet. Society changed so much after within the decade after 1918; for example, women's clothes changed to reflect their empowerment. It is naïve to think that there will not be massive changes within the next decade.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.