quinta-feira, 16 de julho de 2020

Version 2.073

There is a sense of disbelief that assaults me every once in a while. These times that we live are so out there, once must wonder if it is reality. Sometimes, when I begin to question if I might be sick with the virus, I inhale deeply to see if my sense of smell is still intact. Perhaps feeling and being clean these days is of no use, as being able to smell body odor at all times could possibly be of comfort. I don't know.

I went to the dentist today to do impressions of my teeth. I was the first one to arrive after lunch. I always feel so much better when I arrive at an office after it had been closed for a while. It gives me a sense of having an extra layer of security, but I am known to overthink everything to probably unhealthy levels, so much so that, when I find mistakes, I sometimes wonder if my brain is working properly.

A few minutes after I arrived, a family came in: a mother and her two children a boy and a girl. The little girl, maybe 5 years old, followed her mother, but her mask was down and I almost wanted to tell her to put it on. She did after I thought of doing so. She probably looked at me and saw panic in my eyes. That poor child.

The world is broken. We became overconfident and let go of our guard. We are paying for being complacent.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.