segunda-feira, 20 de julho de 2020

Version 2.077

I should have been in bed by now, as I set the alarm clock for 5:30 AM, but I remembered that there is a comet visiting us, so I drove to Shelby Farms to try to see it. You can hardly see any stars due to all the light pollution from the city. It is depressing.

My friends and I had talked about taking a trip to Marfa, TX, this fall for our annual get-together. Besides all the art, one of the activities of interest was to see the Milky Way. The trip ended up being set aside because it was too far for some of them, but, still, I would like to go. Maybe with a smaller group.

Next spring, it will be the 25th anniversary that I went to the Grand Canyon on a road trip and then we decided to also go to Las Vegas. I have never seen so many stars as I saw on that trip crossing the Arizona desert. I would like to go again, but everything is so uncertain. I don't even know if I will be alive. Anyway, that's probably too depressing to be thinking about it now, right before going to bed.

I made peach cobbler again today. It is the third time that I have done it this summer. I had never done it before, but it is quite gratifying. I let the peaches soak in sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon and I realized that, for me, that's how summer tastes like: peaches and lemon.

The next few days will be a bit hectic, as I will be taking next week off to recover from my surgery on Friday. I need to plan ahead the food that I will be eating and cook it beforehand. I hope I will be able to continue writing. The last time I started a daily journal, I ended up getting very sick with some sort of food poisoning and that got me off track.

Reading and writing, that's what I am planning on doing for therapy. I shall leave the arithmetic for The Sundays and for when I return to work.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.