terça-feira, 1 de setembro de 2020

Version 2.120

As luck would have it, I found a miniscule caterpillar dangling from a tree, holding on from the tall branches by the thinnest silk thread. What a strange sight. I watched it contort itself, as if it were a circus trapezist, trying its best to climb up the thread, but it did not seem to be making much progress, although there was a little skein of white thread on its chest--do caterpillars have chests? 

I ended up grabbing the thread and carrying my newly found friend to the trunk of a tree, where it started to make its way up, treading quickly. It is a comforting thought to think that one of these days, the butterfly that crosses my path might be today's caterpillar.

The other exciting part of my day was working on the monthly supply and demand for Bangladesh. Sometimes I get mesmerized by the numbers and how well one metric corroborates another. It feels like you are looking at some dark secret of the universe that things do need to make sense. 

While reminiscing about my academic life in high school, I was reminded that in ninth grade, I did a vocational test that indicated I should go into accounting. I have no idea why that would be the case as, when I did take accounting, I did not find it particularly appealing. 

Yet, I do enjoy plugging numbers into tables and just staring at how they fit together. The big disadvantage of accounting is that it is pretty much repetitive and not that creative -- I suppose I am being unfair as tax law and tax evasion seem to be rather creative endeavors and lucrative, too. I do enjoy my work though, although I have been told that it seems pretty boring. 

 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.