domingo, 27 de setembro de 2020

Version 2.146

A couple of days ago, I saw a second Biden sign in the neighborhood: Veterans for Biden. I'm a bit curious to see which neighbors will put signs up. For a while now, a couple of other neighbors have signs: one with the text of the First Amendment to the Constitution; the other one with the names of victims of police violence, like Breonna Taylor and George Floyd, and the text "let justice roll like water." There is no doubt in my mind that these times are going to go down in history as a follow up to the Civil Rights Movement.

The election is in 38 days, but I will vote early. A lot of us will and, given how engaged everyone is, I think the voter turn out will be pretty good. Of course, so many people have moved because of the pandemic that it will be really hard to make predictions. 

When I opened Tumblr, this morning, I saw a poem by Carlos de Oliveira, so I went online and bought a book in AbeBooks of Uma Abelha na Chuva. Google also found a DVD of the film, so I bought it, too. It’s really hard to find Portuguese movies online. So that was almost $130 that I spent. Then I went on Etsy to see if they had Faraboult wool lap blankets in blue and found one which I bought. Not bad for not leaving the house. 

During the afternoon, Julian and I did a bit of shopping. He likes to go to Home Depot and TJ Maxx and we also stopped by Home Goods. I’m not sure what marked the occasion, but there sure were a ton of people out and about and the stores seemed to have refreshed their inventory.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.