domingo, 6 de setembro de 2020

Version 2.125

The U.S. seems to be open for business. Every time I venture outside, there are more people shopping. Even restaurants with patios are at full capacity, which I find surprising. The last time I ate in a restaurant was in March. My Memphis girlfriends had their monthly dinner a few days ago, but I skipped it again. The restaurant they went to had plastic bubbles surrounding the tables. I suppose that it's part novelty, part necessity, but it's amazing how quickly people adjusted and how swiftly all these products appeared.

Anyway, I went to thee Dixon Galleries and Garden today and really enjoyed the exhibit of the National Academy of Design collection. It was also nice to see the permanent collection, which is probably my favorite here in Memphis. A few days ago, the Dixon called asking if I was interested in renewing my membership, which I did, since I sometimes am a bit lazy and let it lapse. The museum is open to the public free of charge for a while, as a way of giving back to the community. On Sundays and Tuesdays, they also have virtual tours online, which I will try to do tomorrow. 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.