quarta-feira, 17 de junho de 2020

Version 2.044

The Georgia Peach Truck was making a delivery in Memphis today, so I went and got the box that I had ordered. I was not expecting for the line to be so long. They had several police officers guiding traffic and, even still, we stood in line for close to two hours. Those peaches better be the best peaches of my life or I am going to ask God to give me a refund on my waiting time.

The good thing, though, is that I finally finished the audiobook "The Age of Light," which is an historical fiction portrayal of Lee Miller's life, in particular the time that she went to Paris and started working and dating Man Ray. I think I should listen to it again -- maybe on my next road trip. I sure miss traveling, plus mentally I really need a vacation. File that under first world problems, I suppose. Many times I wonder how my genes made it to me because I'm all about comfort. I should've been extinct long ago.

I was asked to be in the social committee for the Homeowner's Association and I said yes. We were goofing off and I suggested that we should do a Stayin' Alive Outdoor Party, since we are going through the pandemic. We could all wear bell bottoms and hippie clothes. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what we'll be able to come up with now that we cannot go to a restaurant to have a Christmas dinner, since many of the residents are in the risk group. Plus, come fall and winter, things might be really bad. I don't see that many people taking care to wear masks and social distance.

Tomorrow, will be wicked in the morning. I have a meeting at 7:30 AM, then I'm supposed to lead the 8 AM meeting. I hope to be bright eyed and bushy-tailed by then. I'm about to fall asleep right now...

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.