terça-feira, 23 de junho de 2020

Version 2.050

Today would have been my mother's 78th birthday. Were in not for the pandemic, I probably would have scheduled a trip to Portugal so that I could put flowers on our family grave. I'm the only one in the family that does it. Of course, it does not really matter, but it is a way of reminding ourselves where we come from and also that we are part of something bigger than just our everyday lives. For us to be here now means that many others were here before us.

I scheduled a massage for Friday. Many people think that I am very calm because I don't really show my emotions or, as one of my personal trainers used to say, I've got a poker face, but when I get stressed out, I feel it mostly in my body, rather than my mind. My back gets really tight and it starts to burn, so for the last few weeks I have been daydreaming about someone kneading my back so hard that I can almost feel the pain required to relieve the pain that I feel.

The appointment I requested is for one and a half hours and that's because I was too embarrassed to schedule two hours. I don't even know if it would make sense a two hour massage for a person as small as me, but I will inquire just in case. The therapist I am going to is a neighbor and I only discovered that she did massage last week, when I had dinner at my other neighbor's. She doesn't know yet that she's gained a very good client.

Then tomorrow I will be visiting the dentist because I think I have a cavity. I suspect my cavity has something to do with drinking too much kombucha. I am not supposed to drink carbonated drinks because my teeth are too soft, but I needed the bacteria for my gut. I have stopped drinking it now. Teeth are one of the most frustrating things for me.

I also got an email from my periodontist asking me to review the appointment I never had. I was supposed to go there at the end of March, but everything got shut down because of the pandemic. When I called to ask about it, they told me that they were in the process of rescheduling it, which never happened. I guess I will need to call again. I know I will have to have surgery and it's going to be at least a year and a half of treatments. We shall see...

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.