sexta-feira, 26 de junho de 2020

Version 2.053

Early on in the pandemic, just because I am a sucker for bad news, I looked at the data for the 1918 pandemic just to check the death toll and how it unfolded over time. The second wave was the deadliest. I wondered how people died more the second time around, but back then information was not as ubiquitous and science was pretty behind. I suppose I was trying to convince myself that this times people would be more careful, things would not get out of hand.

Yesterday, I was talking to a coworker who told me that he felt the virus was getting closer. His best friend and respective wife have it. They are probably in their early 40s and have two children, the oldest one 15. I asked if there was anything I could do to help. I could order food for them, for example, but he replied that they did not want help.

My massage for tomorrow got cancelled. One of the previous clients got sick a few days after his massage, so he got tested, but the results are not out yet. It does feel like it's closing in on us.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.