domingo, 19 de julho de 2020

Version 2.076

For the second day in a row, the United States had more than 70 thousand new cases of Covid-19. In Nueces County, in Texas, 85 children younger than one year old tested positive. On one hand, it is completely insane and had to comprehend the magnitude of the disaster; on the other hand, after all we have been through, we know enough to make informed decisions, thus there has to be personal responsibility. It is survival of the fittest after all.

I stayed mostly home, but I stopped by the frame store to pick up some art work that I had left to be framed. Alas, not everything was finished, even though the receipt indicated that it should have been done by 7/13. It is rare that something like this is late, but now with the pandemic we must be understanding.

During the day, I tried to read, but I did not get very far in my stack of books.Outside it was really hot and it became uncomfortable to stand even in the shade. This evening, I spent almost two hours speaking Portugal on the phone with a friend. It had been a while since I exercised my tongue. I did OK and I don't recall forgetting vocabulary, but I must be vigilant. I'm falling asleep now, so the trouble is keeping up with the English.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.