domingo, 1 de novembro de 2020

Version 1.181

When I wake up, the first thing I do is to check the early voting count. And before I go to bed, the last thing I do is to check the early voting count. California and Texas are less than 100K votes away from each other. Of course, CA has the lead, but it has more people than Texas. My girlfriends in TX think that Beto O'Rourke is the cause of Texas being so engaged. I'd like to think that Texans are voting because President Trump humiliated Rex Tillerson and, y'all, only a fool messes with Texas! Anywhoo, who knew that Democracy could be such an exciting way to live? 

The other big news is, of course, the pandemic, which is roaring, but my personal view is that people should've known what was coming in the Fall and Winter. It was pretty darn obvious that there was mismanagement, so it was up to us to do our best to control our own personal risk.  Those who were clamoring for "herd immunity" will get their wish sooner than later. I hope they're the first ones in line to get the virus and contribute to the testing of their hypothesis. 

We are likely about halfway through the pandemic, so we are working toward the finish line. It will be OK in the end.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.