sábado, 3 de outubro de 2020

Version 2.152

 A few minutes after I woke up, I checked my phone and it was full of notifications regarding President Trump's Coronavirus test. For someone who is a germaphobe, he sure managed to steer away from the virus until one month before the election. If it is true, and I do have some doubts, the one thing that popped into my head was "Bem feita!" I thought that it was pretty good that my reaction was in Portuguese. 

None of my Trump supporter friends have said anything about it to me, but I shall not be broaching the subject with them. Even the debate, I did not initiate conversation or even mention it, but they were pretty appalled and let me know. What is there left to be appalling? I think we've broken all the barriers and are now completely bare, to the bone naked. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, until the election, all we are going to hear about is the health of the President. If we count the last campaign, we have been putting up with Trump tantrums for over four years. The media should just make a vow to ignore him for two weeks. Let him rest, let us rest before the great confrontation.

On that note, I am happy that it's the weekend and I get to do some more deconstruction in the garden. Today was nice, so I managed to lift all the gladioli bulbs. I also made a list of all the plants I'd like to buy and their characteristics, so that I could see how many things would be blooming at any given time. I think I have late winter to early fall covered, so that should be about eight months. 


 

 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.