segunda-feira, 12 de outubro de 2020

Version 2.161

 At the end of the day, the sun came out for a bit, as the clouds of Delta moved on, but the morning was wet. I ended up taking Julian to the pet hotel, so that he could spend the day playing with other dogs, since we could not do our usual activities. 

When I went to pick him up, I also stopped by Barnes and Noble, since I wanted to buy a Pablo Neruda book to introduce a friend of mine to poetry. I also got a Rumi book for myself. All the sections at the bookstore had been rearranged and the back of the store was full of toys. It felt strange to not have things in their usual places, but I suppose they are hoping for early Christmas shoping and toys are supposed to perform really well.

This weekend, I binge-watched two TV shows on Netflix and also read, which felt good. I had tried to do a cook-along where I learned to make vegetarian meals, but I did not feel well at all. I don’t think I can digest lentils or mushrooms because I had really uncomfortable stomach aches and I felt very bloated. I gained about 5 lbs 3-4 days, just from inflammation. And when I get out of bed in the morning, my ankles hurt. 

I will have to go to the doctor and ask if this could just be because of a reaction to food or if there is something else that could be wrong. It seems like my immune system just turned completely bonkers over the last couple of years. Comfort food these days is a baked sweet potato. I suppose it could be worse. 

1 comentário:

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.