segunda-feira, 10 de agosto de 2020

Version 2.098

For the most part, a very uneventful Sunday in my small portion of the world. In the morning, I walked along  the Wolf River. Part of the Greenway trail was cordoned off, in particular the areas with picnic tables and benches, so I assume that we are not supposed to congregate in parks. People still bypassed the safety barriers to use the trail--I did, too--, but it is a very quiet area and not that many people know about it. Plus, I researched a part of the trail that is under construction and it had almost nobody.

I don't know why, but the person who mows my lawn decided that he wanted to do it today to try to get things done before Tuesday. I am unsure as to the significance of Tuesday, but I am happy that he is keeping himself busy. The last time he was here, he said that he was looking for another place to live. I did not ask any details as to why he needed to move, but I gave him extra money as moving is expensive.

The U.S. has had more than 5 million Covid-19 infections. I still do not know anyone who has had it, although my best friend's relatives in Georgia are all sick with it, but I have never met them. I am hoping that my family will be safe, but they think that I am paranoid, so they tell me "yes, they'll watch out" to shut me up. 

Speaking of shutting me up, the other day, someone told me that I am the kind of person who does not tolerate ideas different from my own and people must capitulate to my point of view. Then, the person added, it is very likely that people agree with me just to shut me up. Usually, I am criticized for getting along with everyone, even people with crazy ideas, so this was an interesting point of view. I am always fascinated by what people see in others.

I have started to work on my post regarding the number of deaths in Portugal, but I think it will take me a few more hours to finish; I am happy that I made progress, though.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.