terça-feira, 22 de setembro de 2020

Version 2.141

I suppose it feels good to return to work and get a Skype message from one of my coworker saying that their glad I am back. For a Monday, today was not too bad. This is going to be a busy week, though. When I interviewed for this job, one of my future coworkers asked me if I would not be bored of doing the same thing over and over. 

One could say I do the same thing over and over, but I actually don’t, since market conditions are always moving, so I have to form a mental picture of how the system works and how it’s evolving, what information is available and when, what revisions of that information are likely, which sources are more reliable, how the different variable affect each other, etc. Some people find this boring; I find it exciting to try to model how the world works. I know that I am always wrong, but every mistake I make is a learning opportunity. 

My first day at home after my trip also felt good. I had organized the house before I left and the housekeepers came while I was gone, so the house was very inviting and relaxing. One of my American friends feels inspired when I post photos of my house and while I was visiting she and I brainstormed ideas on how to make her sunroom more inviting. 

I absolutely adore sunrooms and I have always wanted one, but have never been fortunate of living in a house that had one. This house is close enough; there are 14 windows on the ground floor and some of them almost occupy whole walls of rooms. The only non-glass exterior door is the one that goes to the garage.

Although I brought gifts for my neighbor, I have not gone to see her. On one hand, I was busy with work, but I also don’t want to talk to her because I’m afraid she might mention RBG. There are many horrible things about Trump, but the one that touches me more closely is the fact that I see first hand that some of the people that vote for him are good, decent people, who would help anyone in need, and yet they vote for a selfish man, who only helps himself and spares no effort to wreak havoc in the world. But it is not news that those who are more trusting are often the ones who more easily fall for con men.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.