sexta-feira, 6 de novembro de 2015

Digam "Melancia!"

"I am not sure when it first occurred to me.

It might have been on a trip to Knott's Berry Farm. I was around 13 years old, standing in line for one of the rides. My younger brother, Spencer, was standing with me. I remember there were two high-school girls behind us. The kind of girls I wanted to be. The kinds of girls who wake up, shower, put their glossy straight hair in a ponytail, and bounce out the door; no makeup, flawless skin, long eyelashes, bodies made for roller skating on The Strand. One of them said to the other, "LOOK AT HER SKIN, WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT IS?! THAT'S GROOOOSS!" It took me a minute, and then I realized they were talking about me. I can't quite describe the feeling. It was somewhere between humiliation, fear, and self-loathing, all complemented with utter despair."

Jenna continua aqui, na Lenny Letter...

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Não são permitidos comentários anónimos.